News

  • News

    Grants for Adult Day Care

    Social Services Block Grant The Social Services Block Grant is a federal program that awards funds to states for the provision of social services. Although states determine which agencies and projects can receive the funds, the United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that one type of program supported by these grants is adult daycare. Furthermore, the grant is intended to help individuals become independent, self-sufficient and to reduce neglect. Organizations starting an adult daycare center can learn more about opportunities through their states by contacting their state departments of social services. Administration on Aging Grants Because many people consuming adult daycare centers are the elderly, the Administration…

  • News

    THE FUTURE OF ADULT DAY CARE IN THE U.S.A.

    Nearly 78% of adult day centers are operated on a nonprofit or public basis, while the other 22% are for-profit. Seventy percent of adult day centers are affiliated with larger organizations such as home care, skilled nursing facilities, medical centers, or multi-purpose senior organizations. The average age of the adult day center care recipient is 72, with two-thirds of them being women. About 35% of seniors in adult day care live with an adult child, while 20% live with a spouse, 18% in an institutional setting, 13% with parents or other relatives, and 11% live alone. Nationwide, 52% of adult day center clients have some form of cognitive impairment. Daily…

  • News

    Activities Calendar

      MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY (FMS) = Fine Motor Skills Activities w/o/ = Workout       1. (AM) – Bingo / 11 am Stretch Exercise W/ Donald / Brain storming session / 1pm Lunch / Hand over hand wood block & yarn, Lacing cards, peg boards / (Art) Rainbow Collage/ (PM) Exercise w/ chairs   2. (AM)- 9:30 AM Dance Exercise W/ Charles – Michael Jackson (tribute) / Empower Hour W/Mobley / Cards (Uno Game) / 1pm Lunch /(PM) (Art) Rainbow Hand Print / Bingo /(PM) Exercise Small Weights W/Danold 5. (AM) 9:30 Book Club Library Trip / 11AM Crossword Puzzle Activity / 12:15 Yoga w/ Iliana /…

  • train
    News

    Biden’s 400 Billion Dollar Plan

    There’s widespread agreement that it’s important to help older adults and people with disabilities remain independent as long as possible. But are we prepared to do what’s necessary, as a nation, to make this possible? That’s the challenge President Biden has put forward with his bold proposal to spend $400 billion over eight years on home and community-based services — a major part of his $2 trillion infrastructure plan. It’s a “historic and profound” opportunity to build a stronger framework of services surrounding vulnerable people who need considerable ongoing assistance, says Ai-jen Poo, director of Caring Across Generations, a national group advocating for older adults, individuals with disabilities, families and caregivers.…